Mittwoch, 5. März 2014

The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth

Just another dysotpian series?

We have been overflooded with dystopian novels and series and I haven't read many of them, I didn't get as addicted to them as a lot of others.
The only other series out of the young adult genre that I have read is the 'Hunger Games' series by Suzanne Collins but after that I didn't pick up any other book out of the same genre. That is because I have to say that I was a bit disappointed.
I really liked the first book, the second one wasn't quite as good and the third one didn't satisfy me at all.

It was a bit different with the 'Divergent' series as the first book didn't absorb me as much as the 'Hunger Games' whereas the second book was a lot better.

Today I finished 'Allegiant' and I think it will be last dystopian book I will read for some time because the finale couldn't convince me. Although I have to admit that the author made decisions that I didn't expect in the young adult genre. There were twists that I didn't see coming but it's not a story that will stay in my mind for a long time.

All that put aside I do think that the books can get readers to love them who are a bit younger than me and I can really recommend them even if I'm practically the last one to read them.
Maybe I've just grown out of the young adult stories.

1 Kommentar:

  1. I read the first one now and I think it was totally cool. Maybe, because I actually didn't expect anything.

    AntwortenLöschen